Suggest treatment for enuresis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Jun 2017 in General Health
Question: dear sir,
i am 24 yrs old male.From the past few days i am waking up with wet underwear in the morning.I also wake up between 2-4am to go to bathroom only once .I never had this problem before and even my dreams are not sexual or something like that.
what it could be??worried.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to confirm whether it is urine or Semen

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you have noticed your under wares to be wet when you get up in the morning.

This could be due to one of following two reasons
1) Night Emission
2) passing urine in sleep (Enuresis).
The precise nature of it can be judged on smelling of your inner wares

It is very common at he age of adolescence to ejaculate during sleep due to sexual arousal resulting from sexual thoughts of which one may not be aware of .It normally gets resolved spontaneously without any treatment .

If it smells to be urine you will need to consult qualified Physician for clinical assessment and further tests .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
dear sir,

i tried to smell it in the morning but there is no smell of it..when i see it there is no liquid on underwear,its always little bit wet to touch.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a semen and nothing to be worried about it

Detailed Answer:
.Hello
Thanks for follow up
Based on your statement it is semen which normally gets dried within 2 hours .

Night emission is very common at the age of adolescence and usually gets resolved spontaneously without any treatment .There is nothing to be worried about it.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
sir i just did my urine analysis test in which "puss cells - 1-2/HPF" ..WHAT IS IT?? rest is normal
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a normal finding

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Pus cells detected in urine are dead White Blood Cells (WBC) Presence of 1-2 pus cells is considered to be normal finding and does not signify any pathology .

Ensure to drink more water .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Ptil