Suggest treatment for enlargement of penis

Question
What can my husband take to make his penis longer and larger.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

There are many pills and devices on the market with claims to make the penis larger but none work. If they did, the product would be well known by now.

1. If his penis is abnormally small when erect, this may be due to genetic or hormonal deficiencies. For this I recommend he be evaluated by a urologist who may do some hormonal testing and prescribe treatment if there is a deficiency.

2. If the problem is that he is not becoming fully erect, if he is also in his early 20s as you are, there may be psychological issues interfering. There are increasing problems with young men not being able to become or maintain erection with a real partner if they have masturbated to internet pornography on a regular basis. This phenomenon is being studied. Treatment is to abstain from internet pornography and in some cases to take medications for erectile dysfunction such as Viagra.

I hope this information provides you with what you need to go forward. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for enlargement of penis 1 hour later
he's had diabetes type 1 since he was 15 and he is now 33

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional medical history. So is it correct for me to assume the problem is erectile dysfunction, i.e. he has difficulty having a firm erection? Diabetes Type I can affect the nerves and blood vessels of the penis. Depending on his health and medications taken, he may be able to benefit from silendifil (Viagra) but this would need to be discussed with his doctor who knows his overall health status.

If DM I is the cause of his erectile dysfunction, it can be associated with cardiovascular disease, so trying for very good control of his blood sugars, and discussing the ED problem with his doctor are important. His doctor should be made aware of the ED so that he/she looks for other cardiovascular problems.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for enlargement of penis 2 hours later
Ok I will bring it up when he has his next appt

Brief Answer:
Sounds like a good plan.

Detailed Answer:
Hopefully he will be eligible health wise to take Viagra, and that might help the situation considerably.

Best regards,
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD