Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for enlargement of penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2832 Questions
What can my husband take to make his penis longer and larger.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

There are many pills and devices on the market with claims to make the penis larger but none work. If they did, the product would be well known by now.

1. If his penis is abnormally small when erect, this may be due to genetic or hormonal deficiencies. For this I recommend he be evaluated by a urologist who may do some hormonal testing and prescribe treatment if there is a deficiency.

2. If the problem is that he is not becoming fully erect, if he is also in his early 20s as you are, there may be psychological issues interfering. There are increasing problems with young men not being able to become or maintain erection with a real partner if they have masturbated to internet pornography on a regular basis. This phenomenon is being studied. Treatment is to abstain from internet pornography and in some cases to take medications for erectile dysfunction such as Viagra.

I hope this information provides you with what you need to go forward. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for enlargement of penis 1 hour later
he's had diabetes type 1 since he was 15 and he is now 33
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional medical history. So is it correct for me to assume the problem is erectile dysfunction, i.e. he has difficulty having a firm erection? Diabetes Type I can affect the nerves and blood vessels of the penis. Depending on his health and medications taken, he may be able to benefit from silendifil (Viagra) but this would need to be discussed with his doctor who knows his overall health status.

If DM I is the cause of his erectile dysfunction, it can be associated with cardiovascular disease, so trying for very good control of his blood sugars, and discussing the ED problem with his doctor are important. His doctor should be made aware of the ED so that he/she looks for other cardiovascular problems.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for enlargement of penis 2 hours later
Ok I will bring it up when he has his next appt
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sounds like a good plan.

Detailed Answer:
Hopefully he will be eligible health wise to take Viagra, and that might help the situation considerably.

Best regards,
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor