Suggest treatment for enlarged thyroid causing pressure on windpipe
SURGERY IS THE ONLY DEFINITIVE SOLUTION
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
First of all, operative management is the definitive management. Waiting for 1year for a surgery is very weird. This is a very important case and should be dealt quickly. Contact them regularly for operation.
Meanwhile, adjust his position to a comparatively comfortable posture, you can give him oxygen inhalation and also some beta agonists like salbutamol or terbutaline for bronchodilatation. It will help him breathe without much difficulty. If none works, tracheostomy maybe indicated. But surgery is the mainstay of treatment.
Hope this was helpful.
Contact me for further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for boils caused by low thyroid
- Treatment and cure for Windpipe spasm
- Aqua pressure treatment for thyroid
- Enlarged thyroid treatment ultrasound
- Treatment for thyroid
- Suggest treatment for diffuse inhomegeneity in the thyroid
- What treatment is suggested for thyroid
- Thyroid cancer treatment and treatment
- Thyroid cancer radioactive iodine suggest treatments
- Suggest treatment for thyroid