Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for enlarged prostate and frequent urination

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
up all night urinating for the past four days...enlarged prostate controlled by tamulosin.....urine is says nothing wrong with my kidneys....constant back ache due to a fracture in vertebrae............spouse insists my skin smells like!
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
`Needs to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have dribbling of urine all night since 4 days,You have been taking Tomsulosin for enlarged prostate.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Have you done Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis recently to see status of Enlarged prostate ?
2) Do you get pain in abdomen? or Do you have sensation of fullness of bladder?
3) Do you have urgency to pass urine?

Your symptoms are mostly due to Chronic Retention of Urine with Over Flow Incontinence.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine Routine and Culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis with specific mention of pre and post void urine volume.

If it is embarrassing your daily life I would suggest you to put urethral catheter to drain the bladder continuously so that you will not need to go to pass urine frequently.

Further treatment will depend upon the results of tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor