Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph node, pain while swallowing and yawning
Cause of lymph node
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Well, it s a bit unusual for PMR to start at the age of 52. It is usually seen but we normally suspect it in individuals around 70. Secondly , ESR is a more specific test for PMR monitoring than CRP. Can you check if that was done?
About the lymph node, it may be a submandibular gland enlargement or tonsilitis since you are having difficulty in swallowing. A Lymph node on the outside of the neck normally doesnt cause difficulty in swallowing unless it is due to either of these 2 glands enlargement. Considering you are on Prednisolone, you may not get fever even if it is due to some infection as steroids do suppress the inflammatory release. So , I would advise you to complete the course and wait for 2 weeks. If it is still persisting, you will need to get an FNAC done.
Also, keep a watch on the size of the node and if any new nodes come up. Either of them is an indication that we should intervene early.
It is too early to say lymphoma or cancer for now. But lets wait for a few more days before we plan for a FNAC
Hope the information was useful
Do let me know for more queries
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes
- Painful enlarged lymph node on the neck malignancy chances
- Have enlarged lymph node negative ra ankle pain suggest
- Costochondritis, enlarged lymph node
- What is the treatment for enlarged lymph nodes
- Enlarged lymph node groin
- Tooth pain from enlarged lymph nodes
- Enlarged lymph nodes with acromegaly
- Enlarged lymph node in shoulder
- Treatment and cure for Enlarged lymph node