Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for enlarged adenoids

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2446 Questions
Hi, I have 5 years old kid who is suffering from enlarged adenoids. He breaths through mouth especially during night with snoring. ENT doctor advised to go for surgery in next summer during holidays which I do not want. Can you please advise which one is best Ayurveda or Homeopathy for adenoids problem?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: surgery is better! Detailed Answer: Hello! I am concerned about your child, specially the fact that he snores and breathes through the mouth, this tells me that his adenoids are significantly enlarged and it would be better to remove them. If they are not removed, he may develop abnormal facial development and decreased hearing due to fluid accumulation in the ear. I think you should follow your ent doctors advice! You can try syrup BRESOL , which is manufactured by himalya drug company and is a ayurvedic drug, give him 1 teaspoon twice a day, you can try this for 2 months and if he does not improve, kindly consider getting him operated! thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for enlarged adenoids 13 minutes later
Hi Dr. Satvinder, Thanks for your reply. Sorry forgot to inform you that he has got enlarged tonsils as well. As per ent doctor, adenoids is in 3rd grade and tonsils are in 2nd. My question is again the same, cant we avoid operation as they are very young and cant Ayurveda/homeopathy substitute the treatment to get rid of adenoids & tonsils permanently. Will there be any side effects and how long it takes for kids to recover post operation? Please kindly reply Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: recovery is swift! Detailed Answer: Hello! I totally do understand your concern as i get lots of questions from mothers like you! Dont worry!! As far as the surgery is concerned, we are not worried about the size, its the symptoms which are more important, in your child's case is the snoring and mouth breathing! Please try to understand , if he develops the abnormal facies, then it will be irreversible! so i dont think you should delay! Ayurveda may help fight infection but will not reduce the size or obstruction!! It is one of the commonest surgeries done in the world and the recovery is swift , most of the children can return to school by day 7 and can take a full proper meal by day 5 after surgery! regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for enlarged adenoids 33 minutes later
Thanks for the answers Dr. I will tell you in detailed symptoms. Could you please tell me if we can give my kid, Bresol first for 2 months and then go for operation.[or any other suggestions based on the below] 1. Mouth Breathing 2. Snoring 3. Difficulty in breathing in nights and disturbed sleep 4. eyes with gummy rheum only while getting up from sleep in the mornings 5. so far he is active and going to school every day 6. dint observe any swellings near by toungue Finally I am expecting to know, how many days we can give medicines just to check whether he is responding and then the prescriptions also.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 6 hours later
Brief Answer: please consider surgery!! Detailed Answer: Hello! Your kid seems to be having a host of problems and i would really recommend that you consider surgery! However if you are still apprehensive , you can try the syrup for 2 months and watch for the snoring , if he improves, you can continue for another six months! The prescription can be got from your doctor or ent physician , please discuss with him too! Please dont worry! Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor