Suggest treatment for endometriosis
With 1)sex drive, pleasure and orgasms; sex is painful now just wondering if it will be worse& is there then only clitoral orgasmsj
2)accelerated aging( bones, joints);I already have osteoarthritis,spinal stenosis,degenerative disc& joint disease,herniated disks L5S1&L5S2(endometreosis related?),fibromyalgia, CFS,MFS,IBS with constipation, Gerd,candida, Leaky gut, h pylori, gastritis, esophagitis, depression,anxiety, palpitations and angina:My question with the surgery is will it age me more rapidly despite the frustrating yo yo of finding the right HRT balance
3)basically how will I age?
4)I do not smoke or drink, am 43 yrs. old & have a very clean & green pescatarian diet, take Chinese herbs, probiotics& Intramax multi vitamin/ mineral formula.
5)I am on 1 Rx zanaflex down from 12rxs for over 5 months now, still in a lot of pain but dealing with
all my health issues naturally-just too many damn side effects, Rxs for those side effects& way too many doctor appts.
6)I am just needing to know if this is a wise medical decision to have this surgery as I have been having hot flashes& am peri-menopausal. Will endometreosis go away once I reach menopause?& can endometreosis reoccur after this surgery?
7) I've been suffering long enough and want to end this pain however I am really concerned with bowel elimination after surgery& aging(IBS with constipation & Endometreosis started at age 14 within same month.
8) I have put surgery on hold for now until I get BRCA1&2 genetic testing(both grandmothers hadcbreast cancer& father had testicular);then I can make most informed decision. I have no health insurance and am relying on County. Please educate me. I would like to get feedback from Rheumatology,Gastroenterology,Endometreosis specialist, Internal Medicine& Functional Medicine. Is there an increased risk of bone thinning or fractures? Accelerated aging(skin, joints, etc)is a huge concern for me
all around. I have enough health issues & don't need more. Previous laparoscopy with d&c showed stage4 endo with adhesions on bowel, bladder& all over pelvic area& pain returned 3 months after. I have not had any bleeding since February but pain has remained. Please respond. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Your quality of life will improve after surgery
Following is my detailed reply:
1. Endometriosis causes painful sex. Removing ovary and uterus will help you to enjoy sex without pain. Sex drive is also unaffected.
2. These aging changes are unrelated to endometriosis and wont be affected by surgery.
3. Your aging procees will be unaffected. You dont need to do anything oher HRT. Your aging will be normal like anyone else.
4. You wont need anymore pain medicines.
5. In summary your quality of life will improve after removal of ovaries.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Endometriosis symptoms and treatment
- Endometriosis treatment injection lupride
- Treatment for endometriosis in ayurveda
- Treatment for endometriosis pain
- Endometriosis diagnosis and treatment
- Hormonal treatment for endometriosis
- Treatments for endometriosis
- Natural treatment for endometriosis
- Suggest treatment for endometriosis with bloating and pain
- Endometriosis drug treatment