Suggest treatment for elevated liver enzymes

General Surgeon
Question
I just had my blood work done. My liver alt was 85 and slt 120. I have type 2 diabetes and am extremely over weight,
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fatty liver.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your liver tests are only slightly elevated. In case of serious liver disease this values are around 1000. The reason of your results can be fatty liver which is present for sure if you are overweight. Please note that untreated fatty liver (which is reversible condition) can lead to liver cirrhosis and liver insufficiency.
To reverse fatty liver process, you need to change your diet and lifestyle. Fatty foods, spicy foods, fired foods, painkillers should be avoided. Otherwise this process will slowly going forward.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for elevated liver enzymes 20 hours later
my sugar level is 196 and ac1 is 9 how serious of diabetes

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
Sugar level 196 tells nothing if you wont mention if it was done in the morning, before any meal, 2 hours after a meal or during the meal. AC1 level around 9% means that your diabetes is not well controlled and you need to consult your doctor and change/add medicines or switch them to insulin.
Please also note that diet is the most powerful way to treat diabetes and to control it.

Regards.