Suggest treatment for elevated liver enzymes
How to revcover these ailments.
lifestyle modifications. monitor sugar, lipids and
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Be relaxed. The slight variations in the liver enzymes (SGOT & SGPT) without any other clinical features does not require any special treatment.
I have seen many patients with slight rise in enzymes level without any other pathology. This may be due to any recent drugs(even acetaminophen) or alcohol or food that may increase liver enzymes.
Avoiding alcohol, drugs for minor ailments and nutritious food will help to get back to normal values. I will be concerned only if the liver enzymes rise more than 2 fold or if you develop problem like jaundice, pain abdomen or gastrointestinal discomfort.
The only rise in triglycerides to 222 also does not signify any major problem. Avoiding carbohydrate rich food and regular exercises of 30min per day for atleast 5 days a week will help to manage triglycerides level. Also get checked for blood sugar levels. Diabetes can also cause raised triglycerides level and monitoring the sugar levels will bring back the triglyceride level back to normal.
So in summary do regular exercises, have nutritious protein and fibre rich food. Monitor your sugar and lipid profile. If the triglycerides level does not improve even with life style modifications then we can start medications (like statins or fibrate based on complete lipid profile) to control them. Get checked for the lipid profile, liver function test and sugar values after 1 month with lifestyle modifications.
I hope this information helps you and answered your questions. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated liver enzyme menstruation
- Elevated liver enzymes indigestion
- Sodium and elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes rash
- Elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin
- Treatment for elevated liver enzymes cold extremities diverticulosis
- Suggest treatment for elevated liver enzymes
- Hypocalcemia and elevated liver enzymes
- Treatment and cure for Elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes 65
- Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...
- Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...
- Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?
- Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?
- On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...
- Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?
- Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...
- Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?
- Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment
- Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...