Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for elevated blood sugar levels

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 805 Questions
My mom-in-law has diabetes since the last 8 years and has never been in control. Her recent readings came out pretty high. The report shows 246 on fasting and 358 post eating. Also, she complains that she is not able to sleep properly from the past 6 months.
For now, she has been using Glycomate GP-2 for diabetes. She also has high bp and is in control. She has been Telmekind-H for maintaining BP.
She drinks coffee 4-5 times a day and eats white rice once a day in small quantity.
Please advice on the diabetes levels and a proper diet to maintain it. Also, is it needed to inject insulin with these high diabetes levels?
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

For better opinion I want to know more about her
- Age.
- Height & weight.
- Frequency of taking Tab Glycomet GP2 and other medicines.
- Recent blood tests results if done.

In such a case I usually suggest following evaluation beside Fasting & post-prandial blood sugar levels.
- HbA1c
- Lipid Profile
- Complete blood count.
- Renal Function Test including Urea, Creatinine, Electrolytes.
- Liver Function Test including Bilirubin, Liver enzymes.
- Ultra TSH
- Urine examination including ketone.
- ECG.

Also detailed physical examination is also important.

Get back with above details.

Dr Abhay Mali.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist