Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for elevated blood sugar levels

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1626 Questions
My mom-in-law has diabetes since the last 8 years and has never been in control. Her recent readings came out pretty high. The report shows 246 on fasting and 358 post eating. Also, she complains that she is not able to sleep properly from the past 6 months.

For now, she has been using Glycomate GP-2 for diabetes. She also has high bp and is in control. She has been Telmekind-H for maintaining BP.

She drinks coffee 4-5 times a day and eats white rice once a day in small quantity.

Please advice on the diabetes levels and a proper diet to maintain it. Also, is it needed to inject insulin with these high diabetes levels?

Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
HbA1C levels need to be done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

HbA1C levels are needed to confirm long term sugar control. Is she taking medicines regularly? You have said that her sugar levels have been out of control. Yes, insulin can be added to the current regimen after getting HbA1C levels. The fasting sugar levels are very high.

Avoid sugary foods as much as possible. Sugary foods like sweetened juices, fruits, yogourt, chocolates, sweets, breads, sandwiches, potatoes, sweet potatoes are just a few to name. Milk, unsweetened juices and bottled water are good alternatives.

Regular exercise is needed like daily walk.
A yoga technique called as yog nidra is type of muscle relaxation and helpful in getting sleep.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor