Suggest treatment for elevated blood pressure

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello,
Since Monday, my BP has been very high 138/92 and my BPM has been as well at 92. Yesterday (Thursday) was the first day my BP began to come down and the cold sweats/clamminess subsided. However, even though my BP has entered into a better range (128/84) my BPM still is screaming at over 100. What might cause this?
I should mention that, on Thursday, I also went to an urgent care for a professional opinion. They confirmed that my BP and BPM were both too high. They also drew blood to send to the lab. Tests came back yesterday with all numbers good. Blood sugar was good, kidneys were good, etc.
Is it possible that I could be experiencing hardening of the arteries around my left kidney, because that is the one that hurts with the most frequency?
Thank you for your time, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Too early to bother much. Control blood pressure under calm conditions

Detailed Answer:
hi and thanks for the query

it's true that your blood pressure is elevated. however, it's not too high for you to panic. it might be important for you to get your blood pressure taken again. it might be important to know if you have gone through some serious stress lately or not. the blood pressure levels you have can be expained by stress especially since your kidney function tests are ok and the rise is recent.

it might still be necessary however to do Doppler ultrasoubd at the level of the kidneys to ensure that the blood vessels are not narrowed. this can however wait till a control of blood pressure under non stress conditions remains high.

too early to be too worried. thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health .

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T