Suggest treatment for elevated amylase, ALT and GGT levels

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi there just got my blood results and my
Amylase is 157
Alt 32
Ggt 48
Cholesterol 5.7

I would like to know how I can reverse it naturally
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K. and I am pleased to assist you.

I need some more information before I can assist you.

1. Why were these tests done?
2. What symptoms you have?
3. Any scan done?
4. Do you drink alcohol?
5. Any other medical illness?

Dr. R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 days later
1. Family History
2. flank pain under left and right rib randomly coming on and off not feeling 100% well.
3. No scans done
4. Don't drink
5. passed kidney stones 24 years ago

I have attached the full blood history that was taken on 19 September 2015 for additional reference. What other bloods should I ask for and scans I'm not a fan of xrays but I prefer MRI scans.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information.
Amylase is raised only less than 2 times the upper limit of normal.
ALT, Cholesterol and GGT are only mildly raised.

The flank pain could be muscular. Tylenol may provide relief.
Since you have history of passing kidney stones, an ultrasound scan may be done as kidney stones too can cause flank pain.

I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.R.K.