Suggest treatment for elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
toxic levels of acetaminophen
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You recently had lab work that shows an elevated alkaline phosphatase. This is a ver nonspecific marker for liver disease and may be caused by numerous things including any one of your medications. The most likely is the acetaminophen from your lortab. I would recommend taking with your doctor and switching it to a formulation that dose not have acetaminophen in it. Also if you drink any alcohol at all this in combination of the acetaminophen is highly liver toxic.
The other cause for an elevated alk phos is just being over weight with high cholesterol causing something called XXXXXXX This is when fat is depostied into the liver and causes liver tissue to die off. The best thin here is to lose weight and it is the only way to reduce XXXXXXX
Your other medications could also cause elevated alk phos but it would be impractical to stop them.
My recommendation for you is the following
1. discuss changing lortab to something without acetaminophen
2. reduce weight
3. follow labs and any additional imaging studies.
I can reassure you that the level of elevation in alk phos is not very high and not dangerous
I hope I answered your question. Please contact HCM again with your health care concerns
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase and testosterone
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase gallstones
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase in depression
- Treatment of high alkaline phosphatase
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase osteoprosis
- Treating elevated alkaline phosphatase
- Slightly elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
- Alkaline phosphatase elevation and metformin
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase ayurveda
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?