Owl Image

Suggest treatment for elevated alkaline phosphatase levels

Question
in kft and lft my alkaline phosphate is 144 can i take metrogyl to reduce alp my age is 54 and height 5ft 10inch and weight is 70 kgor it is elavated alt.what should i do to reducs
e this alt. i m taking alcohal twice a weak.
Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No..Dont try self meds..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

From your clinical presentation, the reason for elevated liver enzymes is --- due to liver injury caused by Alcohol consumption. And in this case if you take Metrogyl , like you think - problem will become upside down . Because Metrogyl will have serious drug interaction with Alcohol. And also i would like point out Metrogyl has NO use at all in reducing your elevated liver enzymes.

Only the solution for your problem is to STOP alcohol consumption and add some liver protective medications in your list ..like Ursodiol 150mg once daily for a month.

If you have any problems with avoiding alcohol, consult a physician nearest to your location.

regards,
DR.VENKAT M.D