Suggest treatment for elevated BP readings
You just need to montior her BP.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
This blood pressure is quite high ask her not to take much water as yet, as she has already taken thr hypertension medication she her blood pressure is expected to get better I would suggest you to check it half hourly.
In uncontrolled diabetes a patient may feel very thirsty if she is urinating very frequently and in large quantities then this should be taken care of, this needs a complete work up to see why she is this much thirsty.
Regarding dehydration you can look into signs of dehydration on the internet and this will help you to judge by yourself.
She needs to take care of her meals specially salt intake , everything should be fine if a good care is taken.
If blood pressure doesn't get back to normal in 8-10 hours then you can contact me again to discuss furthur strategy , do not give any extra antihypertensive pill for now this may cause danger to her.
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for spike in bp during a seizure
- Suggest treatment for severe headache with bp
- Suggest treatment for low bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Treatment for elevated diastolic bp
- Suggest treatment for low bp and fatigue