Suggest treatment for elevated ALP levels

Posted on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a concern.

I was diagnosed with fatty liver in January 2017 by ultrasound my liver enzymes did not elevate.

Alanine Aminotransferase 34 - <50 (lab range up to 50) U/L
Aspartate Aminotransferase 22 - <35 (lab range up to 35) U/L

I was able to remove my fatty liver and my lab range are now as follows.

Alanine Aminotransferase 14 - <50 (lab range up to 50) U/L
Aspartate Aminotransferase 18 - <35 (lab range up to 35) U/L

The odd part here is that my GGT on two lab tests was 8, 11 U/L the lab range is 11 - 60 U/L it seems like my GGT is below lab range. (which is good means my bile ducts and liver is all good!)

The part that worries me is my ALP has been icreasing, I had 6 ALP tests done, with GGT and ALP upper range is 129 U/L, first lab was 109, 110, 115, 120, 122

The part that worries me is on every single test the ALP has been increasing in the last 6 months I did start going to the gym and working out, I did stop the work out one week before the blood test. I read that it has to do with bones if GGT normal, in my case GGT is below lab range? what is going on here? bone intestines? where is this elevation of ALP coming from? any experts wanna chime in?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to vitamin D deficiency.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for asking HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your query in details. Your elevated ALP can be most likely due to vitamin D3 deficiency. You can check your vitamin D3 levels in the blood to rule this out.

No need to worry. Other parameters are in normal range. Taking vitamin D supplements will be helpful in this case.

Let me know if anything is not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Nishad BN