Suggest treatment for elbow fracture
Probably best not to ice it.
Hello and welcome,
Usually ice is used for swelling from sprains and strains and injuries to soft tissue. While ice is used during first aid for fractures, it isn't routinely used after that. Ice may make a fracture hurt more.
If there is a lot of soft tissue swelling, it might be ok to gently ice the area but other than that I would not recommend ice for the fracture. It is not the same thing as soft tissue damage.
I'm a family practice doctor and if you would like a second opinion from an orthopedic doctor, you can repost and write in the first line of your message "Request orthopedic doctor". Just so you are aware, it may take several hours until an orthopedic doctor comes online and sees the question.
I hope this information helps and that your son heals quickly from this possible fracture.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for fractured distal fibula
- Fractured in thigh bone suggest me the treatment
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Hairline fracture elbow treatment
- Suggest treatment for tibia displacement due to a fracture
- Suggest treatment for ankle fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain due to fracture
- Suggest treatment for rib fracture pain
- Hair line fractured elbow treatment
- Suggest treatment for stress fracture on foot