Suggest treatment for ejaculatory anhedonia

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am a 65 years old, 165lb, 5' 9". In very good health, I do not use any drugs at all. My PSA is checked every year and is very low. I now have ejaculatory anhedonia, this just started in the last few months. My prostate is slightly enlarged, the doctor said it is very normal for my age. Any recommendations?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Certain medicines can help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

It is good to know that you are in good health. Benign hyperplasia of prostate (BHP), as it is called, is quite frequently encountered at your age. Certain medicines like silodosin or terazosin can limit the progression of the condition and I would recommend you to discuss with your treating physician whether you need to take it. Apart from that it would be advisable to go for periodic review of the condition.

No other recommendations.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad