Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for ejaculatory anhedonia

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4159 Questions
I am a 65 years old, 165lb, 5' 9". In very good health, I do not use any drugs at all. My PSA is checked every year and is very low. I now have ejaculatory anhedonia, this just started in the last few months. My prostate is slightly enlarged, the doctor said it is very normal for my age. Any recommendations?
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Certain medicines can help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

It is good to know that you are in good health. Benign hyperplasia of prostate (BHP), as it is called, is quite frequently encountered at your age. Certain medicines like silodosin or terazosin can limit the progression of the condition and I would recommend you to discuss with your treating physician whether you need to take it. Apart from that it would be advisable to go for periodic review of the condition.

No other recommendations.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor