Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for edema in the feet

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3826 Questions
I now have massive edema in my r foot an ankle and moderate edema in l foot and ankle. I've stopped walking for my health (painfulcorn on sole of foot) and have increased intake of salt. On the other hand, I haven't smoked in 4 days. Do I need to see a dr or can this wait?
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOu should reduce salt intake and upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:

I will like to know what disease conditions you are being managed for. This could represent an infection or increased fluid accumulation from a heart, kidney or liver disease. The fact that both legs seem affected make an infection less likely.

An image will help me provide a narrower list of possibilities. In the interim, I will suggest that you reduce your amount of salt intake and raise the legs to avoid any further fluid accumulation.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor