Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for edema feet

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
My wife's odema is in tlower legs 'comes out in blisters and they start leaking a fair bit of fluid'.I have pressed my hands round her feet and slowly compressed the fluid up to a little bit past where the leaks are and then bandaged the ankle to stop it going back into her feet and allow the blisters to leak, some times soaking her socks shoes. The next day the leaking hass slown considerlebly. Can I safely continue this practise?We are 14 days from a docters appointment. Tobias.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar -20 hours later
Brief Answer: Photograph requested Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query, You are following a good practice. This oozing is due to edema fluid. I would like to know a bit more about her condition. 1.Since when she has this edema, any known illness from past ? 2.Is she taking any type of medication ? Can you please upload a photograph of the edematous area. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for edema feet 18 hours later
Dear doctor XXXXXXX Kumar: At 80 Ifind it difficult to sent emails. Please let me know if you have received my email with photo and medicine record off my wife
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Additional therapy suggested Detailed Answer: Hello sir, Thank you, I found the attachments and have gone through it. She is suffering from problems of lung and spine. The procedure you are doing is correct. Just I want to add a bit more. 1.Ask her to raise legs while sleeping by placing two pillows under her legs. 2.Warm water and add a pinch of salt to that. Pour this water in bucket and ask her to dip legs in that for 5 min. This will give great relief from edema. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor