• question-icon

Suggest treatment for eczema

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been suffering from eczema since childhood. It had occurred at an early age and was cured. Later, around year 2000 and then again around 2007-2008, I had got eczema on my legs ( behind my knees and legs ) and also minor patch on my knuckles. This was cured with homeopathy medicine which took almost 2-3 years to cure. Again , I have got a relapse of eczema on my legs this Dec 2016. Allopathy medicine does not agree with me and gives side effects. Please advise on a permanent and especially a quick cure to this problem.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the skin involvement in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Most endogenous eczemas have an immunological basis and have a remitting relaspsing course.
Certain general precautions like regular skin moisturization and care towards avoidance/ treatment of precipitating factors like stress, smoking, infections and attention towards clothing lowers the chances of relapse of eczemas.
Moreover new research is going on all the time in Allopathy and there are newer options that are available or would be available in near future.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist