Suggest treatment for eczema on the skin over the tailbone

Excellent

Question
Just curious as to what could cause sudden but very localized tailbone pain (right where the buttocks meet; see picture for location)?

It came on yesterday morning as an itch actually (it doesn't feel deep at all). For example, when I'm sitting and if I contract my buttocks/anus, I don't feel the pain, as if it's not that deep. But when I shower or certain times when walking, I do. It does not hurt to urinate or defecate.

I'm trying to not be my normal hypochondriac-self and not go right to cancer but I just want to make sure.
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sedentary life with excess sitting over 8 hours a day

Detailed Answer:

You seem to have eczema on the skin over the tail bone. It itches first and then causes pain over the area, or sometimes tingles. Excess pressure there because of prolonged sitting causes this. This is seen for individuals who are obese, have torso and with body fat. It is also seen in people who sit in excess over 8 hours a day and work.
Fungus generally grows in that area where there is excess moisture and grows on the fat. Just keep the area dry with cloth and use over the counter antifungal powder to dry it.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for eczema on the skin over the tailbone 52 minutes later
Will do doctor. Im working on losing weight so hopefully that will also remedy it. Thank you .

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please close and rate the answer

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that my answer was useful, if you can close and rate it helpful.