Suggest treatment for eczema on arms and across chest
Another steroid trial is needed
this sounds like eczema of allergic origin. Steroids are very efficient in cases like this but they do not provide a permanent solution. The eczema may recur particularly if the steroids were withdrawn prematurely. "Prematurely" can be very different between different patients. What is "too little" for one could be "too much" for another!
Since you've seen substantial improvement with treatment, you should give it another try and keep it until you're symptom free for some time. Afterwards you can try to very gradually reduce the dose. If the symptoms recur then you should increase the dose again and keep it for more time.
If the diagnosis is in doubt or the current treatment does not seem efficient, then your dermatologist is the right person to give you further guidance. I do not believe that there is something wrong with your health. Working too much at your 75 years is not recommended though! Psychological stress can be an aggravating or inciting factor in such cases.
I hope I've helped!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for nummular eczema taclonex
- What treatment is suggested for eczema noticed on limbs
- Ayurvedic treatment of nummular eczema
- Suggest treatment for seborrheic eczema
- Listerine for treatment of eczema
- Unani treatment for eczema
- Treatment infertile eczema
- Suggest treatment for skin eczema
- Ginger treatment for eczema
- Treatment for eczema areola