Suggest treatment for echogenic concretion without hydronephrosis

Posted on Fri, 2 Jan 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: hi i hav 3mm small echogenic concretion of size 3mm in middle calyx with no hydronephrosis what will be the best treatment
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plenty of water.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
This small concretion doesn't require any intervention. Good thing is that there is no hydronephrosis.
I would advise following in such situations:
1. Drink Plenty of water and liquids.
2. Make sure you pass clear, white urine. In case it's yellowish, means you are at fault. So you need to drink more water.
3. If you have any burning in urine then urine alkalysers like Alkasol can be taken.
4. You can also take Syrup Neeri or Stone 1 for a month.
Most important thing in this situation is drinking plenty of water. These small concretions will be flushed out.
If you have any further query,please ask me.
Stay Healthy
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 27 minutes later
i have also loose motion and 5 to 6 time go bathroom daily since 2 months i went to doctor and take medicine for infection but did not work so i do my test and ultrasound
ultra sound show stone and gut loofs are mildly oedematous in lower abdomen is this stone cause for loose motion or any other thing i m an alcoholic person a quarter of whisky daily please guide me
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your require evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
This Chronic Diarrhea requires evaluation. You didn't mention it in first query. This is your first concern and you mentioned it later.
Leave the ultrasound, the stone concretion are insignificant.
Also attach your Ultrasound report.
Tell me if you have any blood in stools, any weight loss, any pain abdomen?
Revert with these details.

Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 17 minutes later
no pain and no blood in stool no significant weight loss and other thing in ultrasound is ok
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
You have Chronic Diarrhea. I advise you to get following investigations done to be sure:
1. Stool Examination
2. Colonoscopy
3. Anti TTG Antibody.
4. Hemogram with ESR.
Get these investigations done and write back to me.
Stay Healthy

Dr. Anshul Varshney