question-icon

Suggest treatment for easy bruising

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: I have a history of bruising easily but the bruising seems to have intensified and is much more painful also my ankles appear swollen and bruised as if they were sprained but have not done any activity for onset
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You may have some coagulation disorder.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You have easy bruising. Easy bruising is very common in coagulation disorder.
If you don't have any injury or with minimal injury there is bruising then its due to coagulation disorder.
You should go for complete coagulation profile( PT, APTT) & complete blood count. It will give idea regarding the cause of easy bruising.
Then you should take treatment according to your cause.
Please give me follow up with coagulation and blood count report so that I can help you further.

Hope I have answered your question, If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. i will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist