Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for early symptoms of psychosis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1854 Questions
My son is suffering from early intervention of phycosis
Tue, 29 May 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Psychosis is treatable

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation for your Son.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 17 years old male
• Case of Psychosis
• Already on Medications: Chlorpromazine, Benztropine and Clonazepam.

Yes. Psychosis is treatable, but there is no cure for it. Most of the patient need maintenance treatment even after improvement.

If you have any specific question, you can ask me.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for early symptoms of psychosis 4 hours later
He talks too much and connect him with everything that somebody says or do. Sometimes he will say bad words and bad things even about me and my husband
He always says negative things about everything. I want to know how much improvement can he have because some time we get fed up by his questions. it is very difficult for us. We want to see him normal.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
He may need treatment modification

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up,

Talking too much bad words also common in Psychosis.
In Psychosis around: 60-70% cases improve significantly.

Medicines take time to show response. He is already on good treatment.

If he is responding poor with current treatment, then you can request his current psychiatrist to add other medicines like Divalproex to control anger and other antipsychotics (Like olanzapine/risperidone) for behavior control. Any medicine change require personal supervision by psychiatrist.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor