Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
Earache, L side nasal passage clogged, L side throat discomfort almost pain.Comes and goes.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Xylometazoline nasal drops and paracetamol Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Earache with nasal blockage is usually due to Eustachian tube dysfunction and you seem to be having rhinopharyngitis as your throat also is having pain. Without pharmacy, over the counter the medicines (I suppose) you can get and will help you are: Please use Xylometazoline nasal drops 2 drops three times a day along with an analgesic (you can use paracetamol/acetaminophen) three times a day after meals. Also take hot water steam and antiseptic gargles like hexidine. Any over the counter available mouth wash will serve the purpose. In case the problem does not improve, or worsens, you may need to go to emergency room but I hope the problem will improve with the above mentioned treatment. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor