question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Ear Pain

Posted on Thu, 16 Nov 2017
Question: I am having a lot of excess mucus and I took a 5-day antibiotic 2 weeks ago for that. Now I am also having an ear ache. Is there something I can try here at home for these problems?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
The ear pain is probably due to eustachian tube blockage caused by nasal or throat infection.
Take tablet levocetrizine plus psuedophedrine twice daily and xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day for a week.
Take steam inhalation and chew a gum that will help to relieve the symptoms.
All the medicine prescribed by me will be available only on prescription.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist