Suggest treatment for ear pain

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 6 Jan 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,
I couldn't sleep last night from and ear ache in my left ear. The first i've had in my adult life. This morning I realised when washing my face that my left side felt numb almost like it was burnt when i touched in. Now i realise my whole left side of head feels the same. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is probably an ear infection(Acute Otitis Media)!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this ear ache that you have reported. I have reviewed this information fully and it is suggestive of an ear infection. This often needs antibiotics which can only be gotten form your doctor. For now, take a combination of Tylenol and Ibuprofen at doses recommended by the pharmacist for the ache while you figure out an appointment with your doctor.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.