Suggest treatment for ear pain when diagnosed with blisters on palatoglossal arch

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi I have blisters on my palatoglossal arch on the right side. I have tonsils that give me trouble. The blisters are painful and hurt my eye and ear also. Sometimes I get one on the top of my mouth. It's painful like I've got an ear ache. Is this normal or a problem?
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
herpes infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query. In my opinion, you might be having heroes zoster infection. This needs clinical evaluation and treatment. Empirically you can take diclofenac 50 m g tablet for pain. You need anti herpes medications. I would suggest you to consult with the doctor and get evaluated. Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepashree 11 hours later
Like an Std?!
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query. It's very unlikely to be std. But still please send a photograph of the lesion. I can help u better.
Here you go
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not std.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query. I am sure it is not std. But looks like apthous ulcers over the tonsils. These occur due to stress or vitamin deficiency.Doesn't look much like herpes also. I would suggest you to consult with the doctor and get evaluated. Blood work and throat swab may be helpful. As i said before diclofenac 50 mg tablet +betadine gargling+mutivutamin supplemnts may be helpful to u. Antibiotics if throat swab shows any growth.Hope my answers have helped u. Thanks.