Suggest treatment for ear pain and sore throat

Posted on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am 28 year old female. For about 4 weeks I've had a swollen node or gland under my jaw. It is painful to touch and when I turn my head. I also have ear pain and sore throat but no fever or any type of cold symptoms. Nose is clear. I also have round, clear/orange/red bumps on my throat. I also have what looks like swollen scar tissue on throat. Just not sure what it all means, any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You seem to be having a throat infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello

The most common cause of swelling under the jaw is a lymph node. The most common cause for enlarged lymph node is a throat or dental infection

From the pictures sent by you it looks like that you have a throat infection. The bumps are small lymphoid follicles which enlarge due to chronic infection.

You may need to start on antibiotics for the infection for which you will need a doctors prescription.

I would like you to start on chlorhexidine gargles thrice a day and if possible meet a dentist for a dental check up.

Get well soon!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist