Suggest treatment for ear infection

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hi my 12 year old son (22.5 kg) has been diagnosed with ear infection and prescribed Ibugesic Plus for pain management along with antibiotic syrup Altacef. The doctor prescribed 4 ml of Ibugesic Plus 3 times a day, but he's still in pain. What's the interval and XXXXXXX dosage of Ibugesic Plus that's safe? Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Interval is 6 hourly and XXXXXXX dosage of Ibugesic P

Detailed Answer:
The interval is 6 hourly and XXXXXXX dosage of Ibugesic Plus is 8 ml for his weight .
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice your son Steam Inhalation , decongestant nasal drops in nose thrice daily along-with Ibugesic Plus & antibiotic syrup Altacef. It will help to decrease pressure inside ear & reduce pain .
Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T