Suggest treatment for ear infection

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi my 12 year old son (22.5 kg) has been diagnosed with ear infection and prescribed Ibugesic Plus for pain management along with antibiotic syrup Altacef. The doctor prescribed 4 ml of Ibugesic Plus 3 times a day, but he's still in pain. What's the interval and XXXXXXX dosage of Ibugesic Plus that's safe? Thanks in advance
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Interval is 6 hourly and XXXXXXX dosage of Ibugesic P

Detailed Answer:
The interval is 6 hourly and XXXXXXX dosage of Ibugesic Plus is 8 ml for his weight .
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice your son Steam Inhalation , decongestant nasal drops in nose thrice daily along-with Ibugesic Plus & antibiotic syrup Altacef. It will help to decrease pressure inside ear & reduce pain .
Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks .