Suggest treatment for ear infection in child
she is fine during the day temp wise but once her temp starts dropping she becomes very irritable and only wants to be constantly held or cuddled by me (mum) only... im at a loss as to what it could be.
You need to extend your support to your child
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the description. It seems to be related to respiratory tract infection which is most often caused by certain viruses. Since the connecting tube between the throat and the middle ear may get blocked, ear infections may ensure. Please do not worry. With medication, it generally gets resolved in a week or so. You would have to be a bit patient.
It is not unusual for children to be fussy or irritable if they are not well. Naturally they seek a more secure environment with a personal touch. The mother's lap, the smell of mother's skin and the cuddling gives this security. So, you need to let her know that you are right beside her. In a few days time, the situation would improve and the nagging nature would reduce. Till then you would have to bear with it.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection
- Ear infection ayurveda treatment
- Parrot ear infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Ear infection treatment azithral
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection