Suggest treatment for ear and sinus infections with bronchitis
In the past, he has exhibited allergic reactions to PCN and Zithromycin. Yesterday a NP prescribed once a day Cefdinir 250mg 12 ml daily as a once per morning dose.
The first dose went well - the second dose resulted in hives on his forearms and torso within two hours.
What classification of antibiotic would be safe for him with these three failures.?
I gave him benedryl which caused the hives to disappear. He reported severe itching as well prior to benedryl. The puritis was released with the benedryl as well.
His allergy studies should be done in some allergy clinic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
You do need an ENT specialist checkup regularly as it may take some time sinuses once clogged up are hard to get back to normal.
There are a few things which can help bigtime with your symptoms.
1) Steam inhalation can help him big time I would suggest it twice daily for 4..5 minutes. This will help with the clogged up sinuses and airways.
2) Take tablet Alegra-D it will help with body aches and fever if any plus help with congestion as well.
3) Do take some OTC antihistamin daily at night for example citerizine or loratidine 10mg this will help will allergy and runny nose or congestion.
4) Steamy bath does help too.
5) Hot drinks help protecting him from dry throat and irritation specially green tea is good for this.
6) Warm compresses over sinuses help decongest them too.
Regarding antibiotics..In my opinion if he is having allergy ti several classes of antibiotics his allergy study should be done to find out the safest combination of medication I would suggst you to follow the remedies i mentioned ..and meanwhile contact your primary to get allergy studies dont instead of doing trial and error on your son's case.
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- Treatment of maxillary sinus infection
- Chronic sinus infection treatment
- Sinusitis infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- Treatment for klebsiella sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for acute sinus infection
- Sinus infection clogged ears treatment
- Antibiotic treatment of sinus infection
- Sinus infection treatment
- What causes depression in a person with thyroid disorder?
- What causes smelly hair syndrome?
- What causes pain and numbness in chest and left arm?
- What causes pain in bottom of foot while walking?
- What causes itching sensation under chin area post carotid endarterectomy?
- Is it necessary to have antibiotics for sore throat and fever?
- Suggest treatment for renal cysts
- What causes severe cramps in foot at night?
- What tests help detect AIDS?
- What causes chest pain after doing cardio exercise?