Suggest treatment for dysuria

Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: constant need to urinate all day and night had urine tested come back ok
Answered by Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I am Dr.Barani and I am pleased to assist you.

I need some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Since when are you having these symptoms?
2. Any other medical illness?
3. Are you a diabetic?
4. What are all the tests done so far?

Dr.Barani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 30 minutes later
about a month I have my urine tested and come back ok and had a check for diabetes and that's fine no medical illness
Answered by Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Other causes given below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information.

The two most common causes of increased urination are diabetes mellitus and urinary tract infection.
Both of these have been ruled out in your case.
I believe you are not taking any diuretic medications, the environment is not too cold and you are not consuming increased amount of fluids.

Now other causes should be looked in to that include issues with adrenals, diabetes inspidus ( different from the common diabetes mellitus).
Too much of caffeine and alcohol can also cause similar symptoms.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.Barani
Follow up: Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 4 hours later
I'm taking champax for not smoking could this cause it
Answered by Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes champax can cause increased urination.

Dr.Barani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T