Suggest treatment for dyspepsia
Likely to be GERD / dyspepsia
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Initially an EKG would be required to rule out any cardiac cause even if the likely diagnosis is GERD/Dyspepsia. The 'heat' is most likely due to GERD or dyspepsia. Empiric therapy should be started before invasive investigations are done. A useful regimen which I use in my clinic is Esomeprazole 40 mg bd, itopride 50 mg tds, sucralfate tds, Bismuth subsalicylate.
H. pylori infection, needs to be addressed especially if there is recurrence of these episodes. Stool antigen and urease breath testing can be advised in this regard. If despite a two week treatment the symptoms persist then endoscopy and 24 hour PH monitoring can be advised stepwise.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is prilosec otc used in the treatment of dyspepsia ?
- Treatment dyspepsia chemo
- Dyspepsia in pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for Dyspepsia
- Dyspepsia with chemotherapy
- Is axid used in the treatment of dyspepsia ?
- Urticaria and dyspepsia
- Treatment and cure for chronic dyspepsia
- Headaches dizziness nausea diagnosed with migraine dyspepsia gastritis gallstones treatment
- Is tagamet used in the treatment of dyspepsia ?