Suggest treatment for dyskinesia after taking Reglan
Dyskinesia can be treated with medicines but there is no cure
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries
I can understand your concern. Reglan is Metochlorpropamide and the drug is known to inhibit dopaminergic neurotransmission in brain. Chronic long terms use of this drug is found to result in complications like dyskinesia (Tardive Dyskinesia). Concurrent use of psychiatric medicines along with this drug also increases the risk of dyskinesia.
In most of cases medicines can help to control the symptoms of dyskinesia, I am sorry but there is no permanent cure for tardive dyskinesia. Medicines like Vitamin B6 supplements have excellent roles in reducing the dyskinesia and result in better functioning. Most of cases respond to this drug. In others medicines like Baclofen which is a muscle relaxant, Ondansetron which is an anti-emetic drug help to reduce the dyskinesia episodes. Please visit a doctor for detailed re-evaluation and for prescription of these drugs. This will help in better functioning and you will feel better.
Thanks, I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask more questions if you have more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for gallbladder dyskinesia
- What is the cause and treatment for dyskinesia
- Paroxysmal kinesigenic dyskinesia treatment
- Oral dyskinesia treatment
- Treatment and cure for biliary dyskinesia
- Treatment and cure for dyskinesia
- Treatment and cure for ciliary dyskinesia
- Treatment and cure for gastric, dyskinesia leading
- Treatment for tardive dyskinesia
- Treatment and cure for tardive dyskinesia