Suggest treatment for duplex moiety of kidneys in an infant
I do understand your anxiety and to an extent it is justified.
Duplex moiety of kidneys are often associated with obstruction of one half of the kidney whole, the other half of the kidney gets urine refluxing up from the bladder. The reflux can be temporarily managed with low dose antibiotics till the child grows old enough where a decision to operate or not can be taken safely, and this is usually after the first year.
On the other hand there is no reason to not operate on the half of the kidney with the end with a ureterocoele if it is causing significant obstruction as uncorrected obstruction can damage function of kidney in an infant.
So in the case of your son, I guess the growth of the kidney being reasonably good, your doctor was not too worried but I suggest you get a few basic tests done to evaluate the degree of obstruction. This could be at least a urogram and maybe a diuretic nuclear renogram, and if there is evidence of significant obstruction on these tests, the ureterocoele can be opened up endoscopically. The entire system can later be repaired by means of what we call common sheath re-implantation by a paediatric urologist well versed in this procedure.
Hope I have been of help
All the best, and please let me know the progress.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for congenital biliary anomalies in infants
- Suggest treatment for bladder infection affecting the kidney
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Suggest treatment for chronic kidney disease
- What treatments are there for children with a duplex kidney
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- Suggest treatment for vertigo and pain in kidney
- Suggest treatment for kidney infection symptoms
- Suggest treatment for bed wetting and kidney pain
- Penis head is cold to touch. Why?
- Discomfort while urination, swollen penis after intercourse. Pain...
- Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous...
- Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?
- Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain...
- Urine test done. Swelling in urethra. Abdominal pain, foul smelling or...
- Frequent urination. Prostate examination normal. Continue vesicare? Advise?
- Sharp pain in groin area near scrotum, left testicle detached from...
- Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they...
- Exercising has reduced sexual activity. Is there any explanation to this?