Suggest treatment for dull achy pain in the scrotum and anus

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I've started having a dull achy pain between my scrotum and anus. Actually more toward my scrotum, almost right where my testicles are. But the pain is on the part that feels like my penis on the INSIDE of my body. I hope this all makes sense. Anyway, I've noticed it a little bit during and after I ride a stationary bike. Ironically, I've been riding that bike more the past few days and now the pain is worse. So much so, that I could not ride the bike now even if I wanted to. It's like the pressure of the seat was right up agaist that very spot I'm talking about. Is this a muscular injury of some kind? Should I treat it as such? Advil, warm compress, ice, rest, etc? Or is this something I should let my doctor check out? Thanks
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
As per the history, this looks to be sort of a contusion or may be a hematoma that has formed due to the injury caused by the seat of the bike or enhanced the pre-existing inflammatory process.
Please continue taking Advil three times, preferably after food.
Have Sitz bath in a tub with warm water to sooth the area.
Icing may not help after 6 hours of occurrence of such lesions.
It is a better way to get a clinical evaluation, examination done by a Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon and get investigations like high resolution ultrasonography to know what exactly is the problem at the site of pain and tenderness so that a proper further management can be done as required.

I hope this answers your queries.
Please feel free to give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.