Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
133 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for dull achy pain in the scrotum and anus

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 13164 Questions

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I've started having a dull achy pain between my scrotum and anus. Actually more toward my scrotum, almost right where my testicles are. But the pain is on the part that feels like my penis on the INSIDE of my body. I hope this all makes sense. Anyway, I've noticed it a little bit during and after I ride a stationary bike. Ironically, I've been riding that bike more the past few days and now the pain is worse. So much so, that I could not ride the bike now even if I wanted to. It's like the pressure of the seat was right up agaist that very spot I'm talking about. Is this a muscular injury of some kind? Should I treat it as such? Advil, warm compress, ice, rest, etc? Or is this something I should let my doctor check out? Thanks
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
As per the history, this looks to be sort of a contusion or may be a hematoma that has formed due to the injury caused by the seat of the bike or enhanced the pre-existing inflammatory process.
Please continue taking Advil three times, preferably after food.
Have Sitz bath in a tub with warm water to sooth the area.
Icing may not help after 6 hours of occurrence of such lesions.
It is a better way to get a clinical evaluation, examination done by a Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon and get investigations like high resolution ultrasonography to know what exactly is the problem at the site of pain and tenderness so that a proper further management can be done as required.

I hope this answers your queries.
Please feel free to give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Contusion

doctor1 MD

I have a hand contusion after a fall. Crazy indicate no broken bone. They have me wrapping icing and elevating. My fingers become painfully numb...

doctor1 MD

I started to feel lightheaded Monday just overall dizzy and not 'myself'. Saw doctor , had normal labs (metabolic panel and cbc just very mildly...

doctor1 MD

On the left side about an inch under my bottom rib it is tender to touch. It feels like pressing on a bruise , but there is no visible bruise...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I was recently bit by a pitbull on my right breast . His teeth broke my skin at the top of my breast and at the bottom I have a small hole....

doctor1 MD

Can you explain in simple english exactly what the following MRI report means. Reference a knee injury The knee joint anatomy is well visualised....

doctor1 MD

I fell three days ago and got a large bump on my forehead and little cut. The bump has went down but Now my left eye is swollen and a pool of blood...

doctor1 MD

Female, age 42 no history of injury or illness prior to fall: I fell off a ladder five days ago. I fell about five feet and landed on my back and...