Suggest treatment for dry scalp and hair fall

Dermatologist
Question
I have very dry scalp due to which facing hair fall & dandruff & low Haemoglobin ( 10 only )
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kindly give reply to my questions

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.

You mentioned that you have dandruff and hair fall along with low hemoglobin levels.
This hair fall may be directly related to low hemoglobin as well as dandruff problem.
but there can be many other causes of hair fall.
I would like to know the following details :
1) for how long the hair fall is present?
2) is the hair fall diffuse or mainly in frontal scalp?
3) any history of long illness or disease?
4) how is your dietary habits?
5) any thyroid disorder?

Kindly reply to my questions so that I can help you to my best.
Stay healthy.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry scalp and hair fall 25 minutes later
1) Hair fall happens mainly in winters & rainy season but it is there since 4-5 month & still there.Hair getting more curly dry & thinner day by day .Volume of hair became less than 1/4th in 10 years.I have extra dry scalp & curly & light hair.

2) Initially was from mid hair but feeling like coming out from scalp ,specially getting hair light at bottom,overall it is very much.Getting worse every year.

3) I am prone to sinus allergy specially when weather changes or consumption of high doses of lemon ,dry XXXXXXX , cold things means things which are refrigerated for long.Have low HB for long & sinus allergy since 2010.

4) I take healthy home food diet include milk daily,egg sometimes,chapati,fruits etc.don't take non-veg.

5) No such disorder.

Thanks !
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.

Repeated cold cough like in sinus patients is also a very common cause of hair fall.

For low hemoglobin, you may take iron supplements regularly.

Usually in such patients with hair fall, I advice growth peptides like Q sera hair serum to be applied over affected scalp twice daily.
Alongwith tablets containing calcium pantothenate , selenium , biotin like folihair is advised to be taken once daily.

For dandruff, use anti dandruff shampoo containing ketoconazole to be used on alternate day basis till it is gone followed by once or twice a month.
The treatment has to be continued for atleast 3 months for appreciable results.

I hope it helps. If you have any further query you may ask me. Else you may close the discussion and rate it.

Stay healthy.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry scalp and hair fall 32 minutes later
Hello Dr.,

Please let me know specific iron supplements. & from where i can get Q Sera hair serum & should it be applied on scalp only ? one more thing , Is biotin tablet safe to use .If you could please suggest me some anti dandruff shampoo,oil which can make hair more bouncy, soft scalp,soft curl hair with growth.Though i don't have consistent problem of Sinus,but lil cough is always there inside.

Thank you,
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

You may use any iron supplement like orofer XT one tablet daily.
Sera you may get from medical store.
Yes, biotin tablet is absolutely safe to use if indicated correctly.
You may use any anti dandruff shampoo available in market like nizral shampoo,scalpe shampo, k2zole shampoo etc.

I hope i am able to solve your query.
Good luck.