Suggest treatment for dry mouth

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Dental Health
Question: THree weeks ago developed what I would call a dry or furry mouth went to dentist
said couldn't find anything particularly wrong perscribed a rinse not getting better
he seemed to believe it must be a reaction to a med only thing I take is simvastatin and coq10
any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drug induced, Dehydration , Diabetes , Medication .

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX ,

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic.
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .

Read your query and understand your concern . As you have developed dry or furry mouth this can be because of many reasons and diabetes is most common . You are not diabetic I suppose as you are not written in medical history . The other reasons are Drug induced (as you are taking medicines) , Dehydration , Autoimmune diseases , viral infection , fungal infection (candidiasis ), salivary galand disorder , Allergy or stress induced .

For this I will suggest you to consult good oral surgeon or Ent surgeon for clinical examination and get it evaluated. Inmeantime maintain good oral hygiene and take plenty of fluid . Drink water in short intervals . Chew suger free chewing gums . You can use of artificial salivary spray.

Hope i have answered your query .
If you have further query i will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist