question-icon

Suggest treatment for dry irritation and soreness of skin on face

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: Hi ,my name is XXXXXXX had been using a Bleaching cream on face for several days about two months ago, and now I have a dry irritation and it has soreness when I wash face.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Irritant contact dermatitis, use cortisone & moisturizers

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
You have most likely developed irritant contact dermatitis to the bleaching cream.
It should be used after a gap of 6-8 weeks.
In such cases I recommend my patients to avoid using soap on the face, wash it with plain water only and avoid using cosmetics on the face.
Besides this I recommend them to apply cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily along with the frequent and liberal use of moisturising cream.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (2 hours later)
I will seek a doctor as quickly as possible. Can a pharmacist give me any advice ?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can get cortisone cream from the pharmacist

Detailed Answer:
I think you will be able to get cortisone cream from a pharmacist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist