• question-icon

Suggest treatment for dry flaky skin around the scrotum

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Last evening i was laying on my chest and when i got up i got a pull in my right scrotum and at night i couldnt sleep as my groin was also aching but not bad and i can walk with a little pain on the groin. I also noticed when i pull my foreskin up there's this flaky substance on the penis head. Today morning i tried getting an erection but i couldnt. Plus my penis looks like its shrinking.
Is this all related to last evening?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload photograph of your penis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You had pain in groin yesterday due to may be due to pulling of scrotum a
and have noticed flaky substance on glans penis visible after retraction of foreskin .

I shall be able to make precise comments and suggestions on your problem if upload photograph of your penis .

The flaky substance that you have is most likely a dried smegma a mucus secreted by glans penis .

Wash your genitals gently with warm water .

Start taking antibiotics like Doxicycline and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and topical antibiotic ointment like Soframycin for local application over glans penis .

Ensure to clean and wash your penis with warm water twice daily .

If the pain in groin is persistent consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to help to establish diagnosis .
1) Urine routine and Culture
2) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
When I go to take a piss i dont feel any pain or there's no itching sensation. I did use warm water to clean the area in the morning shower and it seems the flaky substance has kind of subsised
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for uploading photographs .

There is nothing to be worried about it ,

Make a habit to clean and wash your genitals with warm water while taking bathe .
You will never land in such problem again .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
But what about the erection issue? And when i sit vertical i feel uncomfortable in my scrotum and groin area.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Erectile dysfunction is temporary in nature

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

The loss of Erection that you have is due to pain in groin and is temporary in nature .It will get resolved spontaneously within a period of week or two .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist