Suggest treatment for dry eye syndrome

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I am having redness in left eye since yesterday as i was using eye lubricant named SOFTVISC for the last few weeks and all of sudden noticed this there is no pain but one of the eye is red, could you please advise line of treatment with precautions to take like working on laptop, watching tv etc.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
dry eye syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
It is only dry eye syndrome. As precaution you can keep anti glare screen before laptop or TV. If you are using specs then take ant-glare lens. if not only use plain anti glare specs.Do not stare at laptop or TV at a stretch for long time. In between close the eye and subsiquently blink for few seconds. Go near window and look outside. Put artificial tear eye drop like REFRESH tear drops, one drop for 3 times daily in both the eyes.