Suggest treatment for dry cough
GERD causing cough
Thank you for asking
I read yoru question and i understand your concern. Dry irritating cough with history of acid reflux are connected. GERD is the commonest cause of dry cough and sore throat. Nip the evil from the bud, control your GERD symptoms, apart from prilosec, modify diet and lifestyle, eat small frequent meals, delay lying down after the meals, avoid trigger foods like spices,s timulants, coffee, chocolate, processed and canned foods etc.
For the cough, take some salt water gargles, warm comforting beverages like ehrbal tea mixed with honey and keep in mind that cough is the result of acid reflux. Treat that and cough will subside.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Thank you for getting back to me
Yawning after cough is sometimes a result, its an involuntary process and helps filling the lungs and also common in fatigue or sleeplessness. I would like you continue the GERD treatment and ignore yawning symptoms . If bothering enough, try to complete the sleep and fatigue and see if it helps.
Main concern should be gastric discomfort, rest are just the signs and symptoms.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment dry cough
- Treatment and cure for dry cough
- Persistent dry cough treatment
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough with wheezing
- Suggest the medication for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Any suggestion for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- What is the treatment for dry cough