Suggest treatment for dry cough and runny nose in a child

Question
hello..my son XXXX 13 months old and 10 kgs in weight..he has been coughing since yesterday..ia any otc medicine we can give him which does not cause and side effects and is good for 13 month old..its dry cough and running nose
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
childrens ibuprofen

Detailed Answer:
You can give him some childrens motrin (ibuprofen) and this will help relieve some of the inflammation. However, the cough medications for children are not recommended for children under two years of age.
Use the ibuprofen as recommended on the packaging based upon his weight. If he has fever, is not eating or is getting worse, he should see a doctor right away.
I hope he is better soon,
Dr. Robinson