Suggest treatment for dry cough and coughing
Its either Infection or Allergy.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
There are many reasons for Cough but broadly they can be grouped into either Infection or Allergy.
I need to know more about her cough to diagnose properly .
1. Since how long its been there ?
2. Is there any irritation or pain in the throat?
3. Is there any breathing difficulty?
4. Is there any fever ?
5. Is there any nasal congestion or running nose ?
Kindly revert back with the details asked for further discussion.
She needs tests to check for Infections
Thanks for the follow up .
This could be due to long standing infection or some problem in her throat or lungs. She definitely need to undergo certain test for the evaluation.
I would recommend her to get Complete Hemogram , Absolute Eosinophil count , Serum IgE levels , Montoux test, Chest X ray PA view and a throat examination.
Kindly revert back with these reports.
Till then let her drink hot water, eat less oily food, avoid non veg food and citrus fruits.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment dry cough
- Treatment and cure for dry cough
- Persistent dry cough treatment
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough with wheezing
- Suggest the medication for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Any suggestion for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- What is the treatment for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for problem in ejaculation
- What causes rashes while on treatment for laryngitis and fever?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- What causes large pupils and allergy to many drugs?
- What does a creatinine level of 160 suggest?
- What causes choking sensation in throat and difficulty breathing with...
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with vomiting
- What causes weakness in a diabetic and BP patient?
- What causes blood in stools?
- Suggest treatment for blockage in carotid artery