Suggest treatment for dry and crusty vagina

Question
Hi. The past week the inner lips on my vagina have felt a little dry or kinda crusty. The very bottom of the clitoris always seems to be sensitive also. It does not itch or hurt but it can be a little uncomfortable sometimes. so I am confused as to what it could be. I am sexually active but I'm nervous to have sex with it like this.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The crusting and sensitivity can be due to an yeast infection and this can be ruled out only by performing a detailed examination.
This typically presents with the symptoms that you have described. This can be treated with antifungal angents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal