Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for dots on penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
I dnt knw actually i have few dot things on my penis . I dnt knw wht it is can u plz tell me
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dot like things on the penis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,
The white slightly raised projections on the coronal sulcus of your penis is Pearly penile papules. It is a normal variant and almost 50 % men have it. They are very commonly mistaken for warts or other STI by patients. Uncircumcised males have higher incidence and usually with age it usually becomes less prominent. It is not an infection. You need not do anything about it.
Hope I have answered you query and you are reassured,
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dots on penis 12 minutes later
So i dont need to worry about anything . Is everything alright . Is it stay's like this or it increasing by the time . actuallly i m not talking about those ones who are on the bottom side of s my penis head. I m talking about who are behind my penis head the 5 dots things.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Small lumps below penile head

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I was mentioning about the lesions on the sulcus of penile head. The lesions below penile head , the 5 raised lumps look like fordyce's spots. They are ectopic oil secreting glands. You may observe them for increase in size and number. They can also be left alone.
Hope I have answered your query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dots on penis 4 minutes later
Wht should i do to get this rid off.....
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No harm in leaving it alone

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,
Fordyce's spots can be left alone. Only for cosmetic reasons if you want it to be removed you can consult a dermatologist. It can be cauterized using electrocautery or radio-frequency ablation under local anesthesia which is a simple office procedure.
Hope I have answered your query,
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor